* FREE Members: If you would like to suggest a new topic within a category of any Forum please Contact Us
Meet Face To Face
You’re safety should be your top priority
This is an exciting time and can be a nervous time for you, in taking that next step in a relationship. After all you’re meeting someone in person, that you’ve been communicating with on Finding Amoré, for the first time. We are happy for you and want you to be safe and comfortable. Here are do’s and don’t s we’ve compiled for you to consider.
- Always let your friends and/or family know where you’re going, who you’re going with and when you’ll be home.
- If your plans change tell someone.
- Use your own transportation to and from your date. If you are taking public transit make sure you have money and a planned route there and home.
- Meet in a public place that will have lots of people around.
- Meet in a well lit public place that you are familiar with.
- Watch your alcohol intake and never leave your drink unattended.
- When ordering a drink order it directly from your server or bartender.
- Keep your personal belongings (phone, wallet, keys, pocket book) with you at all times.
- If you feel uncomfortable at any time don’t hesitate to excuse yourself and leave.
- Make sure you have your cell phone and it’s fully charged.
- Arrange for a friend or family member to call to check on you, and agree on a code word or phrase if you’re in need of help. And make sure to contact them when the date is over.
- Some of you may agree to date someone that warrants you to travel far away. If you do please take into account some safety concerns and keep the following tips in mind.
- Stay in your own hotel room, keep your hotel location private and do not agree to stay at their home. The person you’re meeting should respect your privacy until you know each other. If you can’t afford your own hotel room you should not be going.
- If you have to fly into your dates area get a taxi or a rental car to take you to and from the airport, your hotel room and your date. Having your own ride is important and even more important not to get into a car with someone you don’t really know.
- Have fun, be aware and try not to be nervous.